If when a user clicks on the button to show the privacy manager and it doesn't show, one of the most likely reasons is that the privacy manager is not attached to that site.
The user will likely get a message that says, "Sorry something has gone wrong go back". Additionally, there would be a 500 error showing in the developer console's network window and in the console window (see screenshot below).
To fix this issue do the following
- Go to the "Consent" tab in the Sourcepoint user interface.
- Click on the "Vendor List" option.
- Select the vendor list with which the site should be associated.
- Add the site name to the "Site(s) this list applies to" field.
- Click on the "Save" button
Now test accessing the privacy manager from the message again, and the problem should be resolved.